25.8.06

Did you know


Before I need to tell a Canadian law student to turn the attitude down a few decibels...or think of some half baked come back line (my poor attempt at humour) ....as they inform me how fantastic, inventive and creative their country is...did you realise Canadians discovered, invented, produce and manufacture everything....they also have the answer to everything else (including world peace - they are just working on the patent )

Anyway....
(and I don't know why I didn't think of this in the first place...probably because it has been beaten into me, that I now voluntarily submit it just goes without saying....but some of my Australian readers might not know....) Daffodil Day is in fact the brain child of The Canadian Cancer Society. Some time in the early 1980s some bright spark came up with the idea. I probably should just say a Canadian - the bright spark part would automatically be implied. Australia was too busy working out how to win the America's Cup. Now cancer charities in seven western countries use this concept to raise money for cancer. Perhaps Canada might give Australia some ideas on how they could bring that America's Cup back to the land-down under
.


I wonder if they have the Daffodil Ball?...this was always an absolute blast! more on that later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home