18.8.06

Traveling in a land-down under

There is now officially one sleep left until Sabrina and I depart onour Sydney Safari. That means four sleeps until in Melbourne...not sure where I am staying...not sure where I now live. However, the Beaches or the Wright-Normans, or the Norman-Wrights (i can understand why Andrea and Dave don't want to hyphenate the bubs surname) always seem to have room for me - even if it's the dog's basket at the backdoor!

Sydney
Sooo much to do...So much to see. I started writing a 'must do' list. I quit with the realisation that with two and a half days there was no way it could be completed unlesspowers akin to
Superman, or Wonder Woman, (well just some super hero powers) were developed. Sabrina perhaps but me, alas no...

The places to make the cut include, the Opera House (pictured), the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay, The Museum of Modern Art, Elizabeth Street, Sydney University, Darling Harbour, Doyles(?) well it doesn't hurt to look, so while looking Kylie Kwong's, Bondi Beach, the ferry to Manley, that beach swimming pool where those crazy people lap swim in ocean water in the middle of winter (the ice-bergs i think they call themselves), Redfern, Kings Cross, Piggotts, Bronte..... well will have to consult my travel buddy! Also Rob Bartrop has offered to show us the sites. A massive thanks to him. Apparently he is going to drop us off at all the 'it' female shopping places but will not be caught dead there.

For all those law students taking a traveling break around Australia -stay tune for traveling tips around
Melbourne from the local! Also, some hints on far north Queensland the west coast of the Island and whatever else I come up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home