13.8.06

Oh what a world

Often I like to start my day (before getting my computer, my text books that I have usually 'borrowed long-term' from friends or the Bond Uni Law Library, some food and my daily coffee money) by putting the speakers on maximum volume and 'repeat' Rufus Wainwright's, Oh What a World.
Other times it's just nice to read a happy story that makes you think 'what a wonderful world' this is.

"Much of life can never be explained only witnessed"
The story behind this picture is one of these. A baby hippo from the Sabaki river was washed into the Indian Ocean as a result of tsunami waves. The hippo was rescued of the coast of Kenya and taken to an animal facility in Mombassa. There the hippo found a mum (a Giant Tortoise) who adopted it. While my lovely Canadian friend Tannis told me of this story, it appears to have initially been published by AFP in Nairobi and various accounts have followed. You can read more about this union here, here and here.
Sometimes if i feel perplexed about the day ahead I read the odd-spot. I have been reading these in the Age (a Melbourne Paper) since I can remember just about anything. I also used to cut out Icpota figures. You don't really see the little dude around anymore and I don't take clippings of him. Guess I found better things to do with my time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home