28.11.06

This morning

There has been a sighting; http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/comet-seen-across-Victoria/2006/11/28/1164476144999.html.

On a somewhat scarier note, I am currently sitting in the library (for a change.) I am sitting in the 'discussion area,' I have a different name for it. Across from me are two, I would presume, younger students. They may have finished school last year. They are talking about 'global warming.' Presumably, they are writing a paper or presentation. Apparently, the male thinks 'global warming' is 'the world heating up and people getting sunburnt really easily.' Well yes, but No No No. The girl thinks 'global warming' is 'pish posh.' Translated; she doesn't believe in it, or alternatively that it exists, or is taking place. Well, of course it's quite normal for there to be icebergs sightings of the south coast of New Zealand. That's only the beginning.......Oh and the person who 'doesn't like hippies' just walked past. He also told me once I looked like a person who owned cats. I am putting my headphones in now. That's enough. Thank heaven for music. I am going back to some time in the 1800s. Lovely.

I am glad I have a friend in Melbourne who deals with Robert Manne on a regular basis. I also think this gladness extends to the friends that can provide a succinct definition of global warming. Hey, they might even (for bonus points) provide you with a definition of green house gases. Better still they may provide suggestions and stimulating discussion highlighting the ways that global warming should be dealt with by inaudible, members of society, governments, multinationals..... I also am happy that I have numerous friends who have a greater grip on reality that other individuals in this world. They believe the world is bigger and better than them, that people are entitled to have different opinions and they enjoy helping and doing things for other people. Sometimes I have to remind myself how lucky I am really am!

I have received a Healesville update. The dining room at the Healesville Hotel is what the critics say, plus more. I've been to the pub 'counter meal' section, that was sufficient. There is currently a residential revolt occurring at Dowd Road. There are 'unnecessary' road expansions, and then there is town planning and VCAT.

Currently, I am a little nervous. The readership of this blog is expanding. I think this is what I wanted? However, I take forever and a day to proof read. Unfortunately, I really am a Virgo, with all this entails. I am attempting to curb perfectionist tendencies. The problem, however, is I am posting blogs that I return to re-read and find numerous errors. I don't like this. The pressure is on. I don't like forcing this expanding audience to witness my poor spelling, grammar, and editing skills.


That picture above would be the Hideout.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma;

You are the only sane voice at Bond. Never change.

D

 
At 9:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god you have a sense of humour. :)

PS. speaking of cats, you have to bust out rap cat. He is the goods!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdOCJebDyVQ

Meow me me me Meow!

 
At 1:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and the Healesville Hotel, everything fine food should be, including a cheese platter to compliment tortellini with eggplant and walnuts with chili sauce. A sirlion with porcini mushrooms and sliced zucchini and a selected Hoddles Creek pinot noir. You'll get spolit over Christmas, I think we owe a birthday dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home