15.10.06

Bond University Students' Ball

When?: Saturday 14th October

Why? To provide an opportunity for the boys to pick their suits up from the dry-cleaners after Palaver. For the girls, to fret over what to wear, what shoes, the dress and even the appropriate underwear to purchase, borrow or procure. Then there's the hair, the make-up, the nails, the tan ... the list really does continue for some. But I ask why when walking out of the night club, as the sunrises...People must wonder why they spent so much money, when the end product is those photos.

For me it was low key. A last minute dress lending from the lovely Erin. A quick wash of the hair. A rumble through my draws to locate the long ago abandoned hairdryer, a few impromptu decisions, a little drink, some stuff on my face and out the door. Anna, whose off to consider a few new ideas, after meeting Erin, accompanied me.

Where?: where else but Palazzo Versace, Gold Coast Queensland. It was a first and probably a last. But I can definitely - TICK THAT BOX!

The food was very good. The night: probably my favorite ball at Bond. The Bus ride from the Ball to Broadbeach - smelly. Credit to Brendan Donoghue for taking the flack for someone else's excessive alcohol consumption. The after party: only attended by Anna and I for a short time. Others continued to drink, dance and commit debaucheries well into the early hours of this morning, well this is what the phone calls this afternoon implied.

My morning was pleasant. My afternoon was one of those occasions I can think of 100 and 1 places I would prefer to be (except for my coffee date! I waited along time, but it was well worth it.) Chocolate, tea and bed = the prescription for the evening.

Congratulations to outgoing student Council for a magnificent evening. Also, to the incoming Student Council: the entire Satisfaction ticket. Alex knows what I think about the fact she wasn't elected. Well done Sadia - I told you!

Photos to follow.....

2 Comments:

At 12:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're home this weekend gorgeous. We'll have a blast. Don't worry about anything or anyone up there. It really isn't worth it! We all love you down here! You know who we are. I'm your number one non family fan....see you very soon

 
At 2:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

duty calls, your help at little jims is required, but don't panic the extraordinary Annie is still producing lists. Ah ah, you will be able to archive the lists as you are getting sooo good on your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home