10.10.06

Hot off the press

The staff v student debate has be held. The students emerged Victorious. Congratulations. It was close. The Adjudicators' decision was split. They were Jess Leach (because she doesn't have nearly enough to do this week), Nitay and Trudi Summerhayes. I think if I told you which way they voted I would be pretty spot on, but it would be unequivocally me to do this, so I'll keep my opinions to myself. Best Speaker was awarded to third speaker for the negative Brendan Donoghue. He did a fantastic job, finishing up the debate with a bang! I also thought David Field and (although I am very reluctant to admit it, and will probably never live it down) Gordon were very close to Donoghue if not equal. Perhaps, Brendan's character assassination of David, and the fact that there was no right of reply (given Brendan was the last speak) detracted from the effectiveness of David's entertaining and practical examples.

The Law Teaching Excellence Award for 062 (the semester just past) was also awarded. This was most deservedly awarded to Lizzie Greene. Yippy!!!! Congratulations. She couldn't attend to receive her award. I imagine it will be given to her tomorrow. Credit should go to Gordon for recruiting and organising the masses. Brendan Scandrett announced the award. While I can't quote him exactly, I think he cited the following reasons (highlighted in bold) as to why Lizzie received the award;

1. Her willingness to treat all students equally. Further, she is fair and objective. No students are put on pedestals, nor are other students made to feel stupid by her if struggling.
2. The effort she is prepared to put in and the wealth of knowledge and practical sense she imparts to the tutorial. She is always helpful and approachable, especially around exam time when the line up for her consultation time speaks for itself. She also seems to really enjoy teaching students, which is a fantastic bonus and makes her tutes entertaining and interesting.
3. She is willing to go the extra mile. If you have a problem that she can't answer (which isn't often) she will chase the answer up for you, rather than dismissing the question.

Thanks to all those people who provided insightful comments for the debaters on the topic. They were REALLY, REALLY helpful.

Well the mysterious individual of the Bond law school provides a succinct and far more detailed account of the night that was, here!

8 Comments:

At 12:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please fix the spelling and grammar in your first few sentences. It is terrible. You hardly make sense. If you want to be part of the blogging community, do it right!

you know who this is...

 
At 2:32 am, Blogger Emma said...

Dear Gordon Prisco, thanks for picking me up on this. I will also ensure that from now on I alert you to errors on your blog. Oh, but I'm banned so that would not be possible.

I do not care to be part of the blogging community that YOU are the dictator of. Anyway how could I be part of a community given that I am black listed from your blog!

Sometimes I don't make sense. I understand myself and most people can decode what I am saying. Unfortunately, you frequently do not make sense. Dingo-Jesus, frequent utterings of death, consumption of wine out of a bag, your constant mutterings that anyone who disagrees with you is a flat out baby...i could continue but i must video stream!

 
At 2:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gord give my sister a break! She shouldn't have to deal with bullies like YOU! If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Emma is her own blogging community! She doesn't need to be part of yours. You have banned her from your blog since feb, and now you are saying that she wants in on what you suggest is "your blogging community" mate - get over yourself!

 
At 3:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes emma pick up your game and don't take up so much space to justify yourself, leave it to your sister, she will slug him. And then the spelling and grammar and the whole world will be 'whirlwinded'

 
At 5:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is gordo an idiot.Well probably,yes. Don't let him get to you. Regardless of a few typos, creative interpretation of words, or late night grammatical errors, you are well and truely a better canadiate for any 'blogging community' he claims to be involved with,in or has created. Jack Blackburn appears on Gord's blog you don't. You couldn't even try to spell like him, be as rude or inconsiderate as him...that's just the beginning. Gordo needs to SMARTEN UP! and quit being a baby!

 
At 9:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma do people know how to post comments as their names on your blog? Or is that part of its rustic charm?

Anyways. I just thought that I would let you know that the Christian wasnt a judge, it was Trudi Summerhayes. Not to sound narky, it was just that I thought she did a great job and should be recognised. :)

Christian was the Chairman.

Thanks

 
At 10:54 am, Blogger Emma said...

Dear Brendan, leave rustic charm for the continent. NO, rustic charm is not for my blog. I am not sure why people don't always put their names, perhaps they don't like to admit they read this.I'm not sure. Odds are I can workout who they all are anyway. Female intuition, you know.

Thankyou for bringing yet another error to my attention. You and Gordon should team up. Oh, sorry you already have done that!

 
At 11:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when men point out the faults of women but when we point out their faults .....


... not aimed at anyone inparticular!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home