3.10.06

Stuff

  • Next week at Bond is Bondstock. Basically a very hectic week with many events. Too many to attend them all. So far, I have decided I will attend the Art Exhibition, The Revue, The Law Staff v Student Debate and perhaps the Student Ball.
  • My friend Cait is staying in Germany for a while. She wont be home for Christmas. I'll miss her. She is much happier there so that's good. Her and Robert have moved into the Rowing Club. I am awaiting photos and an email when it snows. Now that she knows how to use MSN, I'll be able to talk to her lots.
  • I went here before the renovation. I didn't think a renovation was required. I thought it was lovely. My Mum took me last year. I hadn't been very well. She took the day of work and we walked the dogs along the river and then had lunch. Apparently, it's better now, but I think if it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • On the weekend I discovered a great website. Matt and Nat are from Montreal and use vegan leather. My cousin Kate would probably appreciate it. Some of their pieces are great. I'm eyeing off a green bag, but not purchasing!
  • The weather here is very average at the moment. It's time it improved.
  • Student elections are being held at Bond. I agreed with many members of the current student council that tee-shirts, campaign posts and other things that cost money and are used to generate publicity should not be permitted. If people really want to spend money then they could donate it to the student council, regardless of whether or not they win the election. I think items such as these turn elections into a bigger popularity contest than they already are. I would also prefer if people were elected because of what they had to say, rather than what they are wearing and who is sponsoring their campaign. Why? With the introduction of VSU in Australia (which I think is disgusting, but wont go into why i disapprove here) student councils really need to focus on how to do something spending nothing. If all candidates were told to get up at 6 am stand outside the student council in a plain white teeshirt and then tell us how they would encourage people to pay their $88/semester and then implement a recycling program, I think it would be fairer.
  • The current student council have done a fantastic job, and deserve a huge congratulations, that's each and every one of them. There are not many people running for the incoming student council, but quality is better than quantity.
  • Aside from those above points I don't think I really care to mention the student elections again. I guess I might tell you who won.
  • Currently, in the law school, we have to nominate a teacher/tutor whom we think is fantastic. I've nominated Lizzie Greene . Hopefully others think she is as good as I do. Lizzie has tutored me for Crim A, Crim B and Land. She would be my favorite tutor by far. (Jim Corkery is my favorite lecturer.)
  • It's now two weeks until I get to go south to Mexico and :
  1. replenish my Haighs hot chocolate (where did this all go? James?)
  2. Go to my baby brothers 21st at the basement apartment (providing he admits he knows the house rat that devoured the hot chocolate.)
  3. Go to Marios and have coffee with Dad (I can also get some beans so I can smuggle them back to the north.)

3 Comments:

At 1:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about me! don't you wanna see me in melbourne. ISNT IT ALL ABOUT ME!are you staying down until meg's wedding, or are you going up and back?

 
At 1:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

emma time to leave. the heat is evidently getting to you in a big way.

 
At 1:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Matt and Nat, i'm ordering a few things. They should pay you a commission, or open a retail store. Oh guess you've been there done that! Well vicariously through your mum, and working there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home