3.10.06

Erin's top 10

Welcome to what might be a regular feature, or a once only.

Erin is my flat mate at unit 1. We also have an honorary flatmate, her boyfriend Mark. She (with his assistance and my editing skills) compiled a list of the top 10 reasons why she enjoys living with me (odd, I know) ...... This was her idea, not mine

1. I now have at my disposal my very own
Melbourne Tour Guide (happy to take me shopping, dining at 15 and to the Melbourne Museum where I can see the first coffee machine brought to Australia by the Italians.)
2. Jamie Oliver +Martha Stuart= Emma. She possesses the ability to concoct Salad dressing, whipping it up in a mere moment with the ease of a Chef (I didn't have the heart to tell her that it's much better not whipped up in 'a mere moment' rather left so the flavor has time to develop.)
3. Emma's refined research skills, when it comes to legal and personal matters, should not be under-estimated.
4. She is willing to take the blame for my lack of self control - the snack basket will be my pudgy demise.
5. She has introduced me to the world of Australian cleaning products, specifically
Napisan (oxy action plus) and the Cinderella range.
6. She makes a mean coffee in the wee hours (ie 8am)(that would be 'early' according to Erin.)
7. Her mean sandwich making machine (marinated fetta, spinach, tuna, tomato, pesto, sundered tomatoes....and whatever else is around)is an all important white good in the unit
8.
SMIGGLE
9. She shares(or perhaps I should say indulges) my need to stay up to date with the enthralling and absolutely scandalous news concerning the world's most 'important and influential people;' those who are famous. (movie stars and all those other sort of 'very interesting' opinionated and significant individuals! yes really)
10. Being blessed by Emma's presence each day. (I think she was running out of points)

8 Comments:

At 1:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good god emma. what are you exposing your flat mate to. does that girl realise what she has got herself into. does she realise that you clean when you are drunk, at the early hours of the morning. if she has been exposed to your napisan epidemic and your cleaning products, perhaps it's just a downward slide for the poor girl.

is your clothing haning in length, category or colour order.no let me guess it's catelogued according to all. how is the documenting of your books going. are they still in alphabetical order, or have you converted to the decimal system?

hysterical

 
At 11:00 am, Blogger Emma said...

Apparently Brendan Donoghue thinks this post is crap. He informed Erin of this today. Well good for Brendan. Isn't it nice he has an opinion. From now on he should keep it to himself. If you can't say anything nice don't say anything it all. Further don't be rude to me via proxy!

 
At 2:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And emma you worry about idiots like that because. the guy obviously has a problem, a really big attitude problem. he'd better fix it if he wants a job anywhere. ever.

 
At 2:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

emma yes its me and your sister needs to learn how to spell but that is difficult at 100 miles an hour (how dated or Canadian).
point 1, NO COMMENT
point2, the comment is culinary correct
point 3, highly praiseworthy, please develop further so it may help financial gain.
point 5 we know you will not poison the earth
point 6, perhaps I'm her spiritual guidance in this indulgence
point 7 i miss, even a roll being wrapped up in paper and tied with garden string....keep developing the range....Erin how lucky to be a 'guinea pig'
points 8 & 9 please discourage, NOT required.
point 9 study law instead
point 10. even her DAD needs a break and still loves her.

 
At 3:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would propose that your sister moves at a normal speed the rest of you are just slow its not her fault that you need things at half speed to understand and take in, full speed ahead is the only way to go here's to the quick people in the world who achieve double what the rest do in half the time and still have time for coffee

 
At 6:18 am, Blogger Emma said...

have you met my sister?
have you edited a paper of hers?
have you seen her when she crashes after being a whirlwind?
have you cleaned up her room once she has left?
what is she doing when she is having coffee?

Obviously not. That said I think my sister is fantastic, she has qualities rather like my mum. I think they might miss alot while going at ff. However, you need to do the math the extra things you get done going at this speed vs what you miss as you are going so fast. cost benefit analysis.

Please feel free to email me your address and you can edit her next paper.

 
At 12:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Emma....

Nice to see that a light hearted comment to Erin can be so misconstrued.

 
At 12:59 am, Blogger Emma said...

Brendan, Perhaps you mis-construed my comment? Don't take everything to heart or so literally. Relax, go for a swim. Enjoy the weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home