30.11.06

Excitement Plus

The previous post made reference to something, other than new audience members to the blog, that excited me. I should actually qualify that and say I am very excited, lucky and incredibly grateful of the new addition to my life. No matter how hard I try, grammatically, that sentence will not work. I am probably so infactuated it is a long term relationship you are looking at here.

I was rather devastated a few weeks back, when my dearly adored Compaq computer, a rather elderly, yet cared for, laptop decided it couldn't deal with me anymore. While the relationship was good, it obviously wasn't going to stand the test of time.

It was heavy and I lagged it to uni. It was temperamental when I tried to connect to the wireless system. Introduced to the market at the time of broadband this was achievable. However, as you are aware old dogs and new tricks are seldom compatible. Nonetheless, the dear was loyal and faithful, until it had enough.

Despite it's weight, the fact it wasn't new and often looked antiquated next to some of the pocket rockets at Bond, I did care for it. Dear was incredibly useful, helpful and provided me with hours of frivolous entertainment (photos, newspapers, strawberrynet, journals, friends access to friends awake/asleep on the other side of the globe, emails, websites, shopping, downloadable post-it notes, stationary all at the click of a button.) It housed my many weeks of itunes data and the many photos I had collated over the last few years. Oh yes, and some rather useful, and important university work.

I was obviously too demanding of the dear. The signs were there, however, I turned 'a blind eye to it all.' When I couldn't put the computer on my lap, because of the heat radiating out of the bottom of it, I should have sensed something more (than the increase in temperature.) Yes, the fan had decided enough was enough. I was sad, and I must confess there were tears. These may have been shed because of the two years of law work possibly lost(haphazardly updated at random moments of frustration) and/or because of my vast music collection. Initially, it was the thought that my university work had gone, perhaps permanently, but then the realization that those musical masterpieces I had spent days, weeks and confusing and humiliated moments attempting to secure, had potentially vanished provided the catalyst for a hysterical phone call to my Mum.

The poor dear is being dealt with. Alas, our relationship is a thing of the past. I quickly recognised it was time to move on.

Now, the new MacBook has entered my life. Apparently waiting for this Mac edition was the correct thing to do. This is what my self-confessed "computer geek" friend, Lauren Ross, informed me. With the intel due core processor 2, I have the luxury of both worlds, on the one computer. I can move from my Mac to my PC (running windows) by pressing a few buttons. A whole new world is unfolding. And yes, I am doing plenty of work. After re-reading this post, perhaps too much work. I am very lucky, very appreciative, grateful and excited at this new addition to my life. Stay tuned for bigger, better and greater adventures, as I enter this new phase!







Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey really! Get back to work.

 
At 5:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that would be the most intelligent comment i've ever read on your blog emma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home