15.9.06

It's a keeper

Marcus Geoffrey Norman arrived on the 14th of September at 8.57 pm, weight 8lb 12 oz.

He is defininetly a keeper: no crying, observant, already inquisitive, contemplative, content and an absolutely beautiful baby. I was very lucky to have a cuddle. I think I handled this well. He didn't cry and had a little sneeze. His parents, still rather perplexed at what they had the ability to create, are understandably very proud. Dave was so proud that he managed to lock the keys in their house while having a therapeutic cigarette outside. This is only what he has admitted. In Dave's shoes I probably would have turned up in my pj's and slippers, forgetting to dress.

Many significant events and people can be linked to this
day. Marcus shares a birthday with people, such as Sam Neil, and Jesse James. He is a Virgo. Being one myself I empathise with his parents. However, his mother and I agree that everything does and must have a place and don't like mess so he might be okay. I have taken this even further to developed a little maxium: 'for everything there is a place, and for every place there is a thing even if that thing is space.' I have tried to teach my family this but I have failed terribly.

On another note, Marcus is Latin in origin (but isn't everything) and means "the warrior" or "great one". It has been suggested that Marcus is derived from the
Etruscan given name Marce, which may be related to the name of the god Mars. The Latin abbreviation of Marcus is M. For more see here.

The media suggests there is currently a baby boom. See
here, here and here.

To little Marcus (the cutest baby around) and his ecstatic parents (Andrea and Dave) equivocally emma says; congratulations, best wishes, may you live a happy, fruitful and great life. Welcome to the world!

To see other significant things associated with this date go
here, here or if you really feel like it here.

standing by for a photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home