30.10.06

Neighbourhood Justice Centre, coming soon to Yarra


I don't believe NOBODY told me about this!

I discovered this, when I picked a brochure in Brunswick Street. Yes, Dad I was doing something productive when waiting to pick you up from VCAT.

This is the exterior of the unfurnished, soon to be, first neighborhood Justice Centre in Australia. It is opening in the city of Yarra. Apart from a fantastic initiative, and obviously much needed facility it does something for the community with an unused space, rather than turning it into more apartments. Go to the website here, because I don't have enough time to write anything else. I've a class to go to, work to do, and tomorrow a drive north.

But I'll leave you with these comments;
Objectives of the Neighbourhood Justice Centre "Working with the community is a priority for the establishment and ongoing use of the NJC. This process aims to ensure that the NJC listens to the community, involves them in decision making processes and informs them about all relevant aspects of the project."

A resident; "conflict is sometimes just due to misunderstandings or lack of awareness about different people living."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home