6.12.06

If I must

As noted I am short on material. This is not attributed to an actual lack of existing material, rather a self imposed restriction on reading, partaking in enjoyable past-times thus severely curtailing access to potential material.

As suggested, in the previous post , any material thought suitable would be appreciated. Accordingly, my dear Dad decided he would sent me an article, because I am interested in cricket. Not, particularly. For him, I will make an exception. (I imagine my Mother would be furious to find out my Father actually did this within hours of reading my blog. She can nag, and nag and nag at him for weeks, actually months, oh and in some cases years to do some things. Guess we are both lucky she is too busy to read equivocally emma.)

Moreover, I would think my Father would be aware that I find Shane Warne a disgraceful example of what an Australian, a cricket player, a Melbournian, and basically a human being should be. Perhaps not. I could superficially point to his white zinc, peroxided hair, sporty car or attempts at harassing numerous friends of mine with inappropriate comments (not text messages this time, but that was before everyone had mobile phones.) However, his actions and attitudes gives me sufficient material, that I don't need to appear superficial, as such. He takes diuretics. When caught out, he suggests that his mother gave them to him to assist with weight loss. Interesting to research what drugs the diuretic, found in his system, effectively masks. Shane obviously isn't terribly intelligent, but c'mon. There is his involvement with QUIT, obviously not terribly effective. Then, there is his problem with mobile phones. I'll leave it at that. Thus, I am hoping that my Father notified me of this article because:
"Peter Roebuck is a fine cricket journalist, poetic and appreciative of very good cricket. Post it for your Canadian friends, they will be confused and the English ones that came out to the wedding, Patrick in particular. Then again theses things tend to come back and bite you.....humble in victory,gracious in defeat. Sounds English to me."

Obviously, when reading, keep this in mind. Poor Dad, Canadians probably don't care too much about cricket; it's ice-hockey, baseball or American football. Confuse them? Well, many are still perplexed with the side of the road we drive on, that the water goes the opposite way down the plug hole in the southern hemisphere, Australian fashion and then there is the 'Australian' language . By the way my name is Emma not Amma. No, I am not English, I am Australian and many Australians have similar accents, we are not all occas, who have some bizzare way of pronouncing the number 13.) Confused, hence, may not be the right adjective here.

Regarding the reference to the English guests at Meg's wedding, and Patrick, I have to actually read the article to determine whether it's my Father rambling, or other.

Article

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:13 pm, Blogger Emma said...

read the article. Yes Dad, it is well written. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home