10.1.07

Those were the days my friend




I think my father sent me these clippings to show me how he has changed over the years, or perhaps it was to highlight how he's stayed the same. Dad, not much has changed except now runners don't have to be amatuers anymore! I guess that's not nearly as entertaining for friends of runners who decided to run across town to a dinner party as this could be classified as 'training.' Oh and perhaps you don't have as much hair as you did in the past. As for the political comment; well we were all young once.

(pity about the origin of that one)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you bugger, you left out the bit about one of the 'States most promising middle distance runner'.
That is, the State of Western Australia.
And it was my Mum who sent over the clippings kept from all those years ago!

 
At 8:32 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Ha! Well I couldn't post it all. Go back to bed!

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger Emma said...

middle distance? I thought you were a Marathon runner?

 
At 10:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no middle distance was and has always been the preference, marathon because it was there and I was starting to get old

 

Post a Comment

<< Home