10.1.07

What would life be like?


Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I hadn't met some one, or didn't know some thing. If had decided to turn left, rather than right. If I had chosen to fly west rather than north. If I had chosen to say what I thought, rather than not. What I would do If I didn't have beautiful friends who put up with me. What if I could actually ignore all those things people say that you are supposed to not worry about, but you do.

I wonder what if I had never eaten duck, or seen a television. Or what Glenferrie Road would be like without Mario’s, or Lygon Street without Italian Restaurants.....

Of key concern to me today, however, is what life would be like without Cadbury favourites. These are fantastic chocolates. Your right. They are not Haighs, nor lint, nor elephants, nor Belgium delights. However, they are tried and tested, reliable, readily available, inexpensive, and provide variety in my life when, well lets face it, there isn't much.


What would life be like without Cadbury favourites, I'm not sure. But, I am sure I don't what to know. I don't think I ever would have got through University without these. So life would obviously be different. And yes, George, I am still at Bond. This is what happens when you anticipate finishing a degree quickly, proceed to get sick halfway through, reduce your course load to part-time for a year (pathetic, I know.) So when do I finish: August. If not I will take matters into my own hands. Don't worry Mum, I'll be fine.

Perhaps when I finish University I'll find out what life is like without Cadbury. I imagine it's an American company anyway. Hopefully, increased finances shall accompany full-time employment then I can give up Cadbury and limit myself to Haighs, thereby supporting Australian made and owned. Alternatively, I could just move to Belgium.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Sliding Doors of you...
Chocolate is as important as oxygen when studying for exams (hope yours went okay!).

What was life like before I started reading blogs??? I was focused and efficient - huh ??? whom am I trying to kid. I just had different methods of procrastinating.

 
At 11:58 am, Blogger Emma said...

as important, or should that be more important? mmm. What are you doing reading my stupid blog when you should be studying! Get back to it! Good luck for tomorrow. For me, exams were brutal, as always. I am sure you will have blitzed yours. Let me know if you ever decided to get a little stressed. Perhaps, no, I doubt it.

I would argue that the more methods you develop to procrastinate the more time efficient you become. Once upon a time I would keep reading my book until I finished it. Then I moved to house hold duties: my room, the bathroom, the kitchen etc. Then the television for a bit. Then playing with the dog. Then talking on the phone. Then going for a run (ha, that's one habit I've ditched.) Then TV but that's pretty boring because you can mulit-task with that one. Then there is computers, oh and don't get me started on food. So really when it comes to devising, developing and adopting new mediums of procrastinating you are honing in and fine tuning your time management skills, you just don't know it yet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home