7.12.06

Highlights and lowlights

Did you realise a Canadian network owned part of channel ten. I tell you this country is trying to take-over ours. First they start with the Media outlets. They infiltrate Bond University Law School....this is the beginning.....However, those from the northern hemisphere are trying to sell. Perhaps they have concluded that conquering Australia may be a little harder than originally thought.

I have been following the bushfires in Victoria. The outlook is not positive. The Army and firefighters from New Zealand have been called in to bolster people power. What is worse is that these sort of fires usually occur in late January/February. Occurring in December, some commentators have posited that these could continue to burn all summer. Stage 4 water restrictions are a must. I think I might write a letter to Premier Bracks. Better still I might protest when I get back to Melbourne. Oh, but Parliament will probably be on holidays then. To all those people who do not believe in global warming, or do not believe it is a problem I wish to say something to you that I will not permit myself to publish on this site, given my guidelines published previously. I can still recall what the sky over Melbourne looked like during the Ash Wednesday fires. I was in my parents bedroom, which looked out to the park adjacent to our property. The sky was angry, red and full of ash. These fires could be as devastating. I have been reading about these fires, and following the news. I am actually learning a great deal. For example, fires generate their own weather conditions. It is also possible to follow the bushfires via the interactive site provided by google.

AFI (Australian Film Industry) Awards currently taking place. Candy and Jinderbyne would be two of my picks, as award recipients. However, I have not seen Ten Canoes. I have read some fantastic reviews. Cate Blanchett looked absolutely amazing (what's new.) Daniel Radcliffe headed 'down under' to attend these awards, his Australian fans were very excited. I love Australian cinematography.

7.30 Report on the Great White Shark, follow the sad shark attack of the South Coast of Western Australia.

Stolen wages should be repaid. With interest. Further reading, here, here. here http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20888754-1702,00.html

Last exam period I reported on this, once again I am suffering.

I have a spelling illness. No matter how hard I try it is not getting better. My grammar seems to be suffering a similar fate.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home