5.11.06

Footprints


Some people have contacted me, disturbed at their impact on this planet. They determined this using the link provided in this post.

I am still trying to locate the ecological footprint calculator I used when studying Environmental History, Environmental Politics and then Environmental Law. I can't. It was very detailed and provided, what I thought, was a very accurate account of ones footprint on the earth. The calculator linked to the post was general.

I had people contacting me lamenting that their lifestyles required 3 planets. Someone else was 4, a number of people came it at 6-8. For those of you who didn't determine your ecological footprint what this means is that the individual who determined their impact on the earth required three planets to live their life. That's one person, not one state, not one country and not one content. Disturbing.

While I can't find the precise calculator I was looking for, the following links provide more detailed accounts of ones footprint and also suggest some ways these can be reduced.


I'll continue to bother my friend for a link they were going to forward. Apparently the link is to a newsletter that provides information on how we can go about our lives and lessen our impact on the planet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home