4.11.06

Goings on

  • It is raining today. I think it has been raining since last night. Can't complain, we do need rain. I am sitting at a computer in the library (I still have not resolved the dilemma that was my laptop blowing up.) It is still raining outside. I thought it might stop after a sentence or two. I wonder if it will flood? I have a lot of work to do.
  • Tonight I am taking my brother out for a birthday dinner. His 21st birthday, no less. I was planning to cook him a celebratory dinner on his actual birthday - the 8th of November - but a few things have come up. I think he may come down to the coast the night before his birthday, so I can wish him happy birthday on the actual morning. I think he just wants to over-capitalise on birthday celebrations.
  • Car Batteries and I do not get on.
  • This is not good news: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/11/03/1162340055442.html. To think people think global warming is not a problem.
  • Mark Lucenti listens to Kelly Clarkson. His justification for this is that he 'has diverse music tastes.' Unlikely.
  • This week I discovered, well actually was made to look rather foolish, that an English bull-dog is not just a breed of dog but in fact is associated with human boxing. I came across this information when I suggested to someone that rather dressing as an English bulldog for Halloween, they dressed as an American Bulldog. I think I provided a few individuals with a few moments of amusement.
  • There are a lot of birthdays coming up. Not as hectic as September, but not far off. There is James , Canadian Belinda, Lizzie Andrews (from kindergarten and school - after 15 years of education together how could one forget) is the 4th, and Gordon Prisco who spring to mind.
  • I want to read Jones Town. The hard copy was retailing for $49.95. I needed a new pair of shoes for Pete's wedding. We all have to make sacrifices. If anyone has bought it and read it and is willing to lend it to me. Please let me know. In the mean time I'll continue my expose into Mao's life. Oh, I found some exerts provided by the publishers. These can be accessed here.
  • My Dad sent me the links for these newspaper articles, 'Songbird Swift takes flight,' and 'Greenies 'hijackers' Charged.' Dad, regarding the last article; why are you sending me propaganda? We have observed the devastation (first hand) that logging is doing to Victoria and its water catchment areas. The headline sets up the tone of the article (I learnt how to determine this in Year 10.) I read it, only to reassure myself that people in this country are often ill-informed and quick to jump on populist bandwagons.
  • This information disgusts me.
  • I am not happy about the sale of this house to anybody, but myself. Pity. I'm spending more money than I am earning, and I probably owe the Australian Government more money than I will ever earn.
  • Typical: the rich are getting richer and the poor......
  • Hysterical. My horoscope for today: "Victorian Virgos would be well advised to lock their doors this weekend to avoid the plague of devil politicians stalking their neighbourhoods on the lookout for souls. Or is that votes? Same difference. Poke your head out at your peril." That's courtesy of the Weekend Australian Magazine.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home